Phillips 66 Multiplex Red 2
Detailed Product Description
Phillips 66® Multiplex Red is a high-performance, multipurpose, extreme pressure (EP) lithium complex grease developed for the lubrication of automotive and industrial equipment operating under heavy loads and at moderate to high temperatures. It is particularly recommended for use in applications that are too severe or require higher performance than that provided by conventional extreme-pressure lithium greases.
Multiplex Red is manufactured with high-quality base oils, a special polymer and a lithium complex soap thickener. It is fortifi ed with extreme pressure and antiwear additives, a tackifi er, and rust and oxidation inhibitors to provide outstanding wear protection, excellent thermal stability at high temperatures, and excellent resistance to corrosion and water washout. It forms an effective seal to help minimize bearing contamination and provides a high level of adhesion to bearing surfaces for improved retention, reduced leakage and excellent resistance to water washout. It is dyed red for ease of identifi cation.
Multiplex Red Grades No. 1 and No. 2 are NLGI GC-LB certifi ed for use as multipurpose automotive wheel bearing and chassis lubricants.
- Wheel bearings of passenger cars, trucks, high-performance vehicles, sport utility vehicles and motorcycles, particularly vehicles with disc brakes
- Ball joints, universal joints, other chassis parts and water pumps on passenger cars, trucks and other mobile equipment
- Heavily-loaded plain and rolling-element bearings in industrial, mining and mobile equipment
- Excellent high-temperature performance
- Outstanding wear protection
- High load-carrying capacity
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Good low-temperature pumpability
- NLGI GC-LB certifi ed (Grades No. 1 and No. 2)