Chevron ATF MERCON V
Havoline® ATF MERCON® V is for use in automatic transmissions requiring a MERCON V approved fluid.
Detailed Product Description
Havoline ATF MERCON V delivers value through: •
- Protection against the formation of lacquers, sludge, or other harmful deposits. •
- Exceptional stability provided by excellent base oil and extra oxidation inhibitors. •
- Fast circulation during cold weather and excellent lubricating body when hot. •
- Optimized friction characteristics for smooth shifting and efficient power transfer.
Havoline ATF MERCON V is designed specifically for use in Ford Motor Company transmissions that require a MERCON V fluid. It also provides premium performance in Ford MERCON and General Motors DEXRON®-III H applications.2
It is manufactured from premium, severely hydroprocessed base stocks and select additives that provide oxidation and thermal stability, friction control, load-carrying ability, corrosion and wear protection. It helps prevent the accumulation of deposits and the formation of sludge, varnish and foam.
Compared to MERCON fluids, Havoline ATF MERCON V has exceptionally low temperature flow properties and enhanced protection against viscosity breakdown.
Under severe operating conditions, Havoline ATF MERCON V: •
- Maintains friction control for smooth shift action. •
- Retains low temperature fluidity and high temperature stability for long operating periods. •
- Protects automatic transmission fluid coolers from corrosion. •
- Helps minimize the chances of a transmission overhaul due to sludge, corrosion, wear of clutches and bands, gears and bearings, leakage past seals, and loss of frictional properties.
Havoline ATF MERCON V is fully approved for MERCON V applications. In addition, it is recommended for applications that call for the former MERCON or DEXRON-III H fluids.