Chevron Cetus HiPerSYN Oil 46
Detailed Product Description
Cetus HiPerSYN Oils deliver value through:
- Long lubricant life in high temperature operations — Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability.
- Long machinery life and maximum compressor efficiency — Oxidative stability and low carbon-forming tendencies minimize sludge and deposit formation.
- Long drain intervals — Long lubricant life means less frequent oil changes.
- Minimal maintenance and downtime — Trouble-free operation and extended service intervals can lead to reduced operating costs.
- Minimum oil consumption — Low volatility means less oil goes downstream, and less oil is needed for makeup
Cetus HiPerSYN Oils are formulated with premium base oil technology and a high level of purity and refinement, and has been further enhanced by their unique additive systems that provide outstanding thermal and oxidation stability, high viscosity index, high flash point, low pour point, anti-wear protection, and excellent hydrolytic stability.
Cetus HiPerSYN Oils also protect against the formation of oxidation byproducts and acidic materials which will eventually cause deposits and varnish, rust, oxidation, and foaming. They have very good demulsibility characteristics allowing quick release of moisture and help minimize entrained air, which could otherwise result in reduced lubricant film thickness and potentially lead to pump cavitation.
Cetus HiPerSYN Oils are generally designed for applications with wider operating temperature ranges as compared to non-synthetic oils. The higher viscosity grade products are especially effective in high temperature applications, such as industrial bearings and gears that require an R&O-type synthetic gear oil as well as sootblowers, where outstanding thermal and oxidative stability are required.
Cetus HiPerSYN Oils are approved by Volvo Construction Equipment Company for use in:
- all models of Volvo Asphalt Compactors as a drum eccentric oil and carrier oil (3,000 hour extended drain interval) - Service Bulletin 160 COA 115 Version 2, dated 2017-02-16
- all models of Volvo Soil Compactors as a drum eccentric oil and carrier oil (3,000 hour extended drain interval) - Service Bulletin 160 COS 116 Version 3, dated 2017-02-16