Chevron Curve Grease
Detailed Product Description
Chevron Curve Grease delivers value through:
- Outstanding lubrication enhanced by the high graphite content.
- Resists water washout and lubricates in wet conditions.
- Wide operating temperature range— Provides lubrication in a wide range of climatic conditions.
- Excellent pumpability— Pumps and spreads properly in a wide temperature range.
- Stable in storage and use— Resists softening and oil separation, even at high temperatures.
- Good adherence— Calcium soap enables this grease to adhere to lubricated surfaces and provide even distribution.
Chevron Curve Grease is a smooth textured calcium soap grease containing 12% finely powdered graphite. It was specially formulated for the lubrication of contact areas between wheel flanges of locomotives and railroad cars and curved railroad tracks. It is black in color.
Chevron Curve Grease provides excellent lubrication over a wide operating temperature range. It will pump and spread properly at temperatures from -23°C
(-10°F) to 71°C (160°F). It resists water washout and will lubricate in wet conditions.
Chevron Curve Grease adheres to wheel flanges and, thus, provides even distribution to rail surfaces. The graphite continues to furn
ish outstanding lubrication even at temperatures which rise beyond the melting point of petroleum grease.
It is stable in storage and in use and does not soften or separate at temperatures well above 71°C (160°F).
Chevron Curve Grease was specifically designed for the lubrication of contact areas between wheel flanges of locomotive and railroad cars and curved railroad
tracks. It is well suited for use in automatic rail curve lubricators.Chevron Curve Grease is also an excellent lubricant for
slides, guides, ways, chains, screws, cams, and rack and pinion sets in industrial applications. It is widely used in sawmills, plywood presses, and chain tracks.