Chevron Open Gear Grease
CHEV OPEN GEAR GREASE
Detailed Product Description
Chevron Open Gear Grease is an open gear grease formulated with high viscosity mineral oils in a nonsoap-based thickener typically used in chain and open gear lubricant applications.
Chevron Open Gear Grease delivers value through:
- Low environmental impact — Does not contain a diluent.
- Long equipment life — High film strength provides excellent antiwear protection to gear teeth under high, shock load conditions.
- Minimizes operating cost — Long lasting lubrication film minimizes frequency of repeated application and, therefore, overall volume of lubricant used.
- Reliability — The high dropping point, the molybdenum disulfide/graphite fillers, and the tackiness additive offer excellent protection against gear failure at elevated temperatures during severe operation.
- Flexibility to use in wet conditions — Resists rust, supporting long gear life, and assures good film strength even in a wet environment.
Chevron Open Gear Grease is formulated with high viscosity mineral oils in a nonsoap-based thickener. This grease appears brownish-black and is extremely tacky.
Chevron Open Gear Grease contains special functional fillers (molybdenum disulfide and graphite), which impart a long-lasting film on working surfaces. It also contains tackiness additives, wetting agents and rust inhibitors to protect metal surfaces.
Chevron Open Gear Grease is recommended:
- for many open gears in industrial, mining, construction, and marine equipment
- for chain and sprocket lubrication
- as a tenacious fifth wheel lubricant Chevron Open Gear Grease can be applied in a variety of methods, including:
- from a cartridge in a caulking gun
- through a mechanical lubricator over a wide range of operating temperatures