Chevron Starplex EP 2
Detailed Product Description
Starplex® EP greases are water resistant, extreme pressure, heavy duty chassis and wheel bearing greases.
Starplex EP greases deliver value through:
- Good water resistance — Good resistance to wash out of bearings.
- Good rust and corrosion protection, even in wet conditions.
- Extreme pressure protection.
- Protection against shock loading, thus promoting long bearing life.
- Outstanding film strength and adhesive properties.
- Good low temperature pumpability — Easy handling in the container and grease dispensing equipment.
Starplex EP greases are water resistant, extreme pressure, heavy duty chassis and wheel bearing greases.
Starplex EP greases are manufactured using highly refined, select high viscosity index base oils, and a lithium complex soap.
Starplex EP greases are available in two grades:
- NLGI grade 1 for easy pumpability at low ambient temperatures
- NLGI grade 2 for use in normal ambient temperatures
Starplex EP greases are formulated to:
- Protect bearings and other metal surfaces from corrosion when exposed to wet conditions.
- Resist water. These greases strongly resist being washed out of bearings.
- Retain their consistency under a wide range of service conditions.
- Provide outstanding film strength and adhesive properties. As a result, Starplex EP greases are particularly effective in providing low wear in shock load service.
- Operate effectively over a wide temperature range.
Starplex EP greases are recommended for:
- use in the lubrication of trucks, tractors, and passenger cars. This includes ball joints, universal joints, chassis points, wheel bearings, water pumps, and fifth wheels.
- boat trailer wheel bearings
- high temperature disc brake bearing applications
Starplex EP greases are approved for the NLGI Certification Mark GCLB.
NLGI grades 1 and 2 are registered by NSF and are acceptable as a lubricant where there is no possibility of food contact (H2) in and around food processing areas. The NSF Nonfood Compounds Registration Program is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements of appropriate use, ingredient review and labeling verification.