Gadus S2 OG 40
Detailed Product Description
Shell Gadus S2 OG 85 is a range of a premium quality, full EP lubricants developed for the lubrication and protection of open gears and wire ropes subjected to extremes of ambient temperature and operating conditions. They are a unique blend of high quality paraffinic mineral and synthetic base oils with carefully selected additives to provide optimum performance. Its balanced formulation allows the lubricant to stay soft and pliable over long periods, thus helping to minimise the build-up of lubricant in the roots of the gear teeth.
PERFORMANCE / FEATURES
EXCEPTIONAL PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL STABILITY
- Shell Gadus S2 OG retains its natural protective properties over its long working life.
EXCELLENT ANTI-WEAR PERFORMANCE
- At working temperatures, speeds and pressures, Shell Gadus S2 OG forms a protective cushion between the large gear (girth, bull etc) and pinion teeth.
SUPERB LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY
- Molybdenum disulphide and othersolid lubricants combine to reduce tooth contact zone temperatures, reduce gear surface pitting and help alleviate ‘stick-slip’ conditions.
- CORROSION PROTECTION n Protects metal surfaces from corrosion in hostile environments such as salt-water conditions. Repels dirt and dust.
- Heavily loaded open gears, particularly those found in grinding mills, kilns, shovels, draglines, ship loaders, stackers and reclaimers and excavator applications. When choosing a product to suit your ambient temperature conditions, always consult with your Shell representative for the appropriate grade.
- Multi service lubricant that can be used as the one grease (multi-purpose and open gear) for the entire machine on most shovels, excavators and draglines (excluding electrical motors bearings).
- Surface dressing of slow moving gears open to the atmosphere.
- Plain bearings, pivot pins/bushings and articulations found in earth moving equipment.
- Mooring, static and slow moving wire ropes including those intermittently immersed in salt water.
- Wide variety of heavy-duty mining and industrial applications