Havoline Xtended Life Antifreeze 50/50
HAVOLINE XTENDLIFE 5050 236543
Detailed Product Description
Havoline® Xtended Life Antifreeze/Coolant is a single phase, ethylene glycol antifreeze/coolants based on an aliphatic corrosion inhibitor system available as a concentrate and a premix 50/50.
Havoline Xtended Life Antifreeze/Coolant delivers value through:
- OEM Approval — Meets the requirements of Ford WSS-M97B44-D, GM 6277, MB 325.3 and Volkswagen TL 774F specifications.
- Wide service application — Recommended for use in Domestic, Asian and European automotive and passenger car diesel applications including newer hybrid vehicles.
- Heat Transfer — Improved heat transfer when compared to silicate containing antifreeze/coolant products.
- Long Service Life — 150,000 miles/240,000 km/5 years of cooling system protection.
- Beneficial formulation — Organic additive formulation that is free of silicate, nitrite, borate, phosphate, nitrate and amines and which allows longer service life.
- Protection — Outstanding high temperature protection of cooling systems metals including aluminum.
- Water Pump Performance — Compatible with water pump seal materials and minimizes formation of abrasive solids which can help extend water pump life.
- Performance — Superior protection at high operating temperatures. Reduces the occurrence of hard water scale.
- Wide temperature application — Protects against winter freeze up and minimizes chances of summer boil over.
- Reduced Inventory — Can be used in mixed fleet applications where both gasoline and passenger car diesel vehicles are present from various manufacturers.
- Stability — Can be stored for approximately 8 years in sealed containers without any effect on the product quality or performance.
Havoline Xtended Life Antifreeze/Coolant is based on a patented aliphatic organic additive formulation that provides a service life of 150,000 miles/240,000 km/5 years and is approved under GM 6277 meeting the GM DEX-COOL® requirements.
The main corrosion inhibitors in Havoline Xtended Life Antifreeze/Coolant have been shown to remain above 95% of their original concentration with proper top off after 150,000 miles/240,000 km in automobiles. This allows much longer intervals between coolant changeouts.
Havoline Xtended Life Antifreeze/Coolant has been formulated without inhibitors such as silicates that have been shown to be abrasive to water pump seals. In comparison taxi field tests versus conventional coolants, Havoline Xtended Life Antifreeze/Coolant reduced the need to replace water pumps during the 100,000 mile/160,900 km test. In addition to fleet tests, this product has also been tested by a major manufacturer of water pump seals and has been found to be more compatible with the seals than other coolants previously tested.
Havoline® Xtended Life Antifreeze/Coolant meets the specifications of:
- ASTM D3306
- Ford WSS-M97B44-D
- GM 6277
- MB 325.3
- VW TL 774F
Havoline Xtended Life Antifreeze/Coolant is recommended for use in:
- General Motors vehicles post 1995
- Chrysler vehicles post 2001
- Ford Vehicles post 2003
- European gasoline and diesel automobiles
- Japanese gasoline automobiles, SUVs and Pickup trucks
- Korean gasoline automobiles and SUVs
It is recommended that this product not be diluted with other coolant formulations by more than 25% in order to maintain performance claims.