Phillips 66 Polytac EP 2
Detailed Product Description
Phillips 66® Polytac EP is a high-performance, multipurpose, extreme-pressure polyurea grease specially developed to provide long service life in automotive and industrial applications. It provides signifi cant performance advantages over conventional soap-thickened greases in high-temperature, long-life and sealedfor-life applications.
Polytac EP is manufactured with high-quality base oils and a non-soap, polyurea thickener. It is compounded with a non-sulfur-phosphorus EP additive that provides extra protection against wear under heavy loading for longer bearing life, without being corrosive to yellow metals. It has excellent thermal stability at high temperatures plus high shear stability for long service life. It also has excellent low-temperature pumpability, is highly resistant to water washout, and protects against rust and corrosion.
Polytac EP is NLGI GC-LB certifi ed for use as a multipurpose automotive wheel bearing and chassis lubricant.
- Automotive wheel bearings, chassis parts, constant-velocity (CV) joints and underhood applications, such as alternators, air conditioner compressor clutch bearings, water pumps and idler pulleys
- Sealed-for-life bearings
- High-speed antifriction bearings
- Agitator bearings in washing machines
- Equipment in steel mills and chemical plants exposed to chemical contaminants
- Industrial applications where a high-temperature, long-life, extreme-pressure grease is required
- Excellent high-temperature performance
- Excellent shear stability
- Excellent wear protection
- High load-carrying capacity
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Excellent low-temperature pumpability
- NLGI GC-LB certifi ed