Phillips 66 X/C Aviation Oil 20W-50
Phillips 66® X/C Aviation Oil is an ashless dispersant, multi-grade engine oil specially formulated for year-round use in aircraft piston engines. It provides distinct performance benefits compared with single-grade engine oils, including easier starting and faster oil circulation at low temperatures, reduced warm-up time, and reduced oil consumption in most engines. It maintains its film strength under high loads and at high temperatures to protect against wear and piston scuffing. The ashless dispersant formulation helps minimize the formation of engine sludge, varnish, piston deposits and combustion chamber deposits, resulting in a much cleaner engine compared with the use of straight (non-dispersant) mineral oils.
Detailed Product Description
Features & Benefits
- Ashless dispersant helps minimize engine sludge and varnish deposits for a cleaner engine
- Easier starting and faster oil circulation at low temperatures compared with single-grade oils
- Reduced warm-up time and cooler operating temperatures compared with single-grade oils
- High film strength for protection against wear and piston scuffing, even under high-load conditions, such as takeoff, and at elevated operating temperatures
- Provides cleaner and quicker break-in than traditional all-mineral, non-additized, single-grade oils
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Reduces oil consumption in most engines
- Suitable for year-round use
X/C 20W-50 Aviation Oil is recommended for use in opposed piston engines. It can replace Commercial Grade 65, 80 or 100 single-grade engine oils with no sacrifice in performance.
X/C 25W-60 Aviation Oil is recommended for use in radial piston engines and in other aviation piston engines originally designed to run on heavier-grade oils, such as Commercial Grade 120.
Both viscosity grades are recommended for use during break-in and then as the operational oil until TBO.
X/C Aviation Oil meets the requirements of:
- Avco Lycoming Material Specification No. 301G
- Pratt & Whitney Service Bulletin No. 1183 Rev. U
- SAE Standard J1899
- Teledyne Continental Material Specification MHS-24B
- U.S. Military Specification MIL-L-22851D (obsolete) for additive treatment QPL Approval Numbers: D07L1-20W-50 (X/C 20W-50), D07L1-25W-60 (X/C 25W-60) X/C® Aviation Oi