Shield Choice Synthetic Blend 5W-30
Phillips 66 Shield Choice 5W-30 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is a premium quality, part synthetic automotive engine oil designed to provide excellent engine protection for gasoline-fueled and flex-fuel passenger cars and light trucks under all operating conditions.
Detailed Product Description
Phillips 66® Shield Choice Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is a premium quality, partsynthetic automotive engine oil designed to provide excellent engine protection for gasoline-fueled and fl ex-fuel passenger cars and light trucks under all operating conditions.
Shield Choice Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is formulated to provide excellent wear protection, to minimize sludge and varnish formation, and to resist viscosity and thermal breakdown, even in severe service. It also protects against rust and bearing corrosion, and is resistant to foaming.
The Shield Choice Synthetic Blend Motor Oil (except SAE 10W-40) exceeds new car warranty requirements as defi ned by ILSAC GF-5. It meets “Resource Conserving” requirements for fuel economy improvement, emission system and turbocharger protection, and protection of engines operating on ethanolcontaining fuels up to E85. It is backward serviceable for use where API SM or earlier “S” category engine oils are recommended.
- Gasoline-fueled and flex-fuel passenger cars, light trucks and sport utility vehicles, including gasoline-electric hybrids •
- Four-stroke cycle gasoline engines in other mobile or stationary equipment
Shield Choice Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is licensed for:
- ILSAC GF-5 (except SAE 10W-40)
- API Service SN with Resource Conserving (except SAE 10W-40 which is API SN only)
Shield Choice Synthetic Blend Motor Oil meets or exceeds the requirements of:
- Chrysler MS-6395
- Ford WSS-M2C945-A (SAE 5W-20)
- Ford WSS-M2C946-A (SAE 5W-30)
- Ford WSS-M2C947-A (SAE 0W-20)
- GM6094M (obsolete specifi cation)
- Exceeds ILSAC GF-5 requirements for new cars under warranty
- riction-modified for improved fuel economy
- Excellent resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown at high temperatures
- Protects against sludge and varnish formation
- Protects against wear and bearing corrosion
- Low volatility for reduced oil consumption
- Highly resistant to foaming
- Formulated to protect turbochargers and emission control system catalysts
- Formulated for use in vehicles operating on ethanol-containing fuels up to E85