AeroShell Oil W80 Plus
Detailed Product Description
The advanced additives in AeroShell Oil W80 Plus provide better rust and wear protection than conventional single grades. The additives work as a protective barrier to prevent critical parts from being slowly degraded by rust or wear, especially when an aircraft sits idle. This protection helps keep the camshaft and lifters coated, reducing the likelihood of premature damage and helping operators reach TBO.
Performance, Features & Benefits
- Blended from selected high viscosity mineral base oils.
- Contains AeroShell’s proven W Oils additive package.
- Additional anti-wear additives (containing Lycoming additive LW 16702).
- Additional anti-corrosion additives.
- Fully compatible with other approved aircraft piston engine oils.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- Approved SAE J-1899 SAE Grade 40
- Aeroshell Oil W80 Plus already contains, in the correct proportions, an anti-wear additive equivalent to the Lycoming additive LW 16702; thus complying with FAA Airworthiness Directive 80-04-03. Operators who use Aeroshell Oil W80 Plus DO NOT need to add this Lycoming additive to the oil.
- Aeroshell Oil W80 Plus is qualified for use in all Continental Motors liquid cooled and air cooled aircraft piston engines.
- Textron Lycoming : 301F, Service Bulletins 446E and 471B, Service Instruction 1409C
- Continental : SIL 99-2
- FAA : Airworthiness Directive 80-04-03 R2