Chevron Black Pearl Greases EP 2
CHEVRON BLACK PEARL GREASE EP2 is a multipurpose, polyurea, extreme pressure, water-resistant greases.
Detailed Product Description
Black Pearl Greases EP 2 deliver value through:
- Excellent pumpability — Easy pumping in typical centralized lubrication systems and at low temperatures.
- High load capacity — High film strength provide good overall EP performance, shock load protection and low wear protection.
- Corrosion protection — Pass the modified ASTM D1743 Bearing Rust Test.
- Water resistance — Product provides exceptional water wash out results.
- Excellent adhesion — These greases stay in place and continue lubricating under most operating conditions.
- Long lubricant life in storage and in use.
Black Pearl Greases EP 2 are multipurpose, polyurea, extreme pressure, water-resistant greases.
Black Pearl Greases EP 2 are formulated with highly refined base stock, a polyurea thickener, and rust and oxidation inhibitors. They are black in color and smooth and buttery in texture.
Black Pearl Greases EP 2 provide outstanding film strength and adhesive properties. As a result, these products are particularly effective in providing excellent wear protection in heavily loaded and shock load conditions.
Black Pearl Greases EP 2 are formulated to stay in place, stick to bearing surfaces and, thus, provide excellent lubrication under a wide range of operating conditions. They perform particularly well in roller bearings. These products provide exceptional water wash out results. The rust inhibitors effectively protect bearing surfaces against corrosion. Pumpability is excellent over a wide range of temperatures as indicated by the Lincoln ventmeter test and the relatively low pressure drop in piping. Oxidation inhibitors promote long life in storage and in use. In addition, Black Pearl Greases EP also perform well at high temperatures.
Black Pearl Greases EP 2 are recommended for general lubrication service in many types of automotive and industrial applications.
Typical industrial applications are:
- Antifriction bearings
- Low and high speed journal bearings
- Roller and needle bearings
- Shaker or classifier screen bearings
- Conveyors and run out rolls
- Electric motor bearings (especially cylindrical roller bearings)
- Exhaust fan bearings
- Crusher bearings
- Pump bearings
Typical automotive applications are:
- Chassis points including ball joints and universal joints
- Wheel bearings
- Water pumps
- Fifth wheels
- Steering system bearings
- King pins
Black Pearl Greases® EP NLGI 1 and 2 are approved for the NLGI Certification Mark GC-LB for use as automotive chassis and wheel bearing greases based on ASTM D4950. They work well in both plain and antifriction-type bearings, particularly those subjected to shock loading.
Black Pearl Greases EP 2 are registered by NSF and are acceptable as a lubricant where there is no possibility of food contact (H2) in and around food processing areas. The NSF Nonfood Compounds Registration Program is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements of appropriate use, ingredient review and labeling verification.