Chevron Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP
CHEV ULTIPLEX SYN GREASE EP
Detailed Product Description
Ulti-Plex® Synthetic Grease EP is a high performance grease specially formulated for extreme pressure bearing applications operating under high and low temperatures.
Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP delivers value through:
- High temperature stability
- Low temperature pumpability
- Low temperature lubrication
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Excellent water washout performance
- Long relubrication intervals
Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP is a high performance grease specially formulated for extreme pressure bearing applications operating under high and low temperature conditions and for those difficult applications requiring extended lubrication intervals.
It is manufactured using selected highly refined high viscosity synthetic base oils, a lithium complex thickener, rust and oxidation inhibitors, and extreme pressure and tackiness additives. It is light tan in color and smooth and buttery in texture.
Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP provides an alternative for high temperature applications. The uniform molecular structure of the synthetic base oils reduces friction between moving parts and boosts lubrication performance over a wide temperature range.
The high viscosity index of the synthetic base oils allow for exceptional pumpability at subzero (-18°C/0°F) temperatures, allowing bearings lubricated with UltiPlex Synthetic Grease EP to operate at temperatures as low as -51°C (-60°F).
Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP is recommended for use in applications with temperatures up to 232°C (450°F), with a dropping point of approximately 280°C (536°F).
Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP is ideal for a wide variety of applications across several industries, including:
- Paper and Forest Products — Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP is recommended for applications such as: sludge press bearings, lime kilns, pumps, woodyard heavy equipment, Doctor oscillator bearings, felt roll bearings, pulp refiner bearings, rope sheaves, and exhaust fan bearings. Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP is particularly well-suited for high temperature applications, such as felt roll bearings and lime kilns operating at temperatures in excess of 204°C (400°F) when combined with frequent relubrication.
- Mining — Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP is recommended for — mining operations that involve high pressure applications requiring low temperature pumpability. Applications include: pins and bushings on buckets and loaders, shaker screens, crushers, and conveyors — low temperature mining applications — automatic lubricating systems in onboard shovels, trucks, and other mobile equipment
- Off-Road Construction — Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP is well suited for lubrication systems that involve pumping grease through long supply lines at low temperatures. It also displays exceptional water washout resistance properties in wet, off-road environments.
- Marine — The rust and corrosion inhibition properties of Ulti-Plex Synthetic Grease EP make it ideal for use in marine equipment exposed to corrosion environments. Examples include deck equipment, offshore drilling equipment, grease lubricated shaft bearings, cranes, and windlass winches.
Ulti-Plex® Synthetic Grease EP is registered by NSF and is acceptable as a lubricant where there is no possibility of food contact (H2) in and around food processing areas. The NSF Nonfood Compounds Registration Program is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements of appropriate use, ingredient review and labeling verification.