Delo ELC Antifreeze Concentrate
CHEVRON DELO AF ELC 227808
Detailed Product Description
Delo® ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products are single phase, ethylene glycol based products available in various dilutions that are based on patented aliphatic carboxylate corrosion inhibitor technology specifically formulated for heavy duty cooling system applications that require nitrite.
Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products deliver value through:
- Managing costs — Helps eliminate the cost of using SCAs (supplemental coolant additives), regular testing and the manpower required to perform these tasks effectively eliminating those costs when compared to conventional or fully formulated coolants.
- Long Service Life — 750,000 miles (1,200,000 km) on-road use (8 years or 15,000 hours offhighway use) or 1,000,000 miles/1,600,000 km/ 20,000 hours/8 years with a Delo FleetFix® CME addition at 500,000 miles/800,000 km/10,000 hours/4 years.
- Optimal cooling system operation — The silicate free formula improves heat transfer when compared to silicate containing formulations. Silicates deposits can reduce heat transfer and increase downtime due to over-heating.
- Maximum Hardware Life — Maximum water pump life due to minimal water pump seal wear resulting from the silicate free formulation. •
- Excellent Protection — Effective, long term corrosion protection, even at elevated temperatures, of commonly found cooling system metals. Effective at protecting aluminum in high temperature applications.
- Variable Applications — Recommended for use in on-road, off-road and stationary engine applications that call for an extended life, silicate and phosphate free formulation that contains nitrite and molybdate. Can be used in engines using variable fuel types and variable emission control protocols.
Check with your OEM for specific product application requirements.
- Compatibility — Compatible with other coolant formulations and supplemental coolant additives.
Chevron recommends that this product not be diluted by more than 25% with other coolant formulations. Dilution by more than 25% will reduce extended life performance.
- Biodegradability — Biodegradable in its unused form.
- Stability — Storage stable for a minimum of 8 years as purchased.
Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products are heavy duty engine coolants that use a patented organic corrosion inhibitor technology called aliphatic carboxylates. Delo ELC is free of nitrates, borates, silicates, phosphates and amines. These products contain nitrites and molybdates for additional cylinder liner protection. Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products are recommended for use in a wide variety of cooling system applications including on-road, off-road and stationary engine applications.
These products are also recommended in mix fleet applications where heavy duty and light duty trucks are present. Please check your OEMs coolant recommendations. Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products do not require the addition of supplemental coolant additives to obtain their service life of 750,000 miles/1,200,000 km/8 years/15,000 hours with correct top-up practices. Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products have been fully tested under the CAT EC-1 specification and have been found to meet all the chemical and performance requirements of this specification.
Recommended applications for Delo® ELC Antifreeze/ Coolant products:
- Heavy duty engines regardless of fuel type or environmental controls being used where the OEM recommends a silicate free, extended life coolant that contains nitrites1
- Mixed fleets where both light duty and heavy duty trucks are present
- Stationary engine applications regardless of fuel type being used
- Marine cooling systems where freeze protection is needed and a nitrite containing coolant is recommended
Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant is approved for:
- Deutz DQC CB-14 Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant meets the specifications of:
- ASTM D6210
- ASTM D3306
- Caterpillar EC-1
- Detroit Series 60 and DD15 engines per SVC BRO 0002
- Navistar B1 Type 3
- TMC RP 329, 302A, 351 (color)