Duron SAE 30
Petro-Canada DURON Monograde Engine Oils are designed to lubricate engines in heavy duty service, fueled by diesel, gasoline, propane, or compressed natural gas (CNG). DURON Monograde Engine Oils are suitable for some highway equipment and a wide range of offhighway applications, such as mining, forestry, construction, and farming.
Detailed Product Description
Petro-Canada DURON Monograde Engine Oils are designed to lubricate engines in heavy duty service, fueled by diesel, gasoline, propane, or compressed natural gas (CNG). DURON Monograde Engine Oils are suitable for some highway equipment and a wide range of offhighway applications, such as mining, forestry, construction, and farming. They are also used in many stationary and marine applications. Petro-Canada DURON Monograde Engine Oils are blended from 99.9% pure base oils manufactured using the HT purity process and advanced additive technology. Extensive testing including fleet trials in a variety of situations has clearly established the outstanding qualities of DURON Engine Oils.
Features and Benefits
Outstanding resistance to lubricant breakdown caused by high temperatures
- Reduces deposits of varnish, sludge and carbon on engine parts
- Extends engine overhaul intervals
Outstanding soot dispersion
- Reduces wear due to abrasive soot particles
- Minimizes deposits on pistons and rings
- Improves lubrication because oil-ways stay clean
Superior anti-wear protection
- Reduces wear on rings, liners and valve-lifters
- Increases bearing life
- Extends engine overhaul intervals
Petro-Canada DURON Monograde Engine Oils are formulated to meet the following requirements:
U.S. Military Specifications
Meets the performance requirements of U.S. Military CID A-A-52306 (SAE 30 & 40 grades)
DURON Monograde Engine Oils meet the warranty requirements of the following manufacturers in the SAE grade recommended by the manufacturer: Cummins, Mack, Detroit Diesel, Caterpillar (SAE 30 & 40 grades are suitable where Caterpillar 3600 is specified), John Deere, Navistar International, Allis-Chalmers, Case IH, Fiat-Allis, GMC, Volvo, White, Deutz, Continental, Hino, Komatsu, Perkins, Fairbanks Morse.
DURON Monograde Engine Oils meet the requirements of API SJ and may be used in gasoline engines where monograde engine oil is recommended. Consult your owners manual.
Transmissions and Hydraulics
- Caterpillar powershift transmissions, semi-automatic transmissions and torque converters, where a TO-2 fluid is specified •
- Allison transmissions and torque converters, where a C-4 fluid is specified •
- Hydraulics - DURON 10W is an excellent hydraulic fluid, where an SAE 10W engine oil is specified •
- Wet clutch transmissions, including motorcycles & all terrain vehicles where a JASO-MA is specified.
Marine and Stationary Engine Applications
DURON™ 30 & 40 are suitable for use in the following medium and high-speed marine engines, fueled by diesel or gasoline (where water separation is not required): Allis-Chalmers, B&W/Alpha, Buda, Caterpillar, Chrysler, Cummins, Daihatsu, John Deere, Detroit Diesel 2-stroke engines, Deutz, Dorman, English Electric, FairbanksMorse, Ford, Gardener, Hatz, Intrepid, Isuzu, Mack, MAN, Mitsubishi, Moteurs Baudouin, MTU, Murphy, Nissan, Nohab, Onan, Paxman, Ruston, Stork/Werkspoor, Volvo, Wartsilla/Wichman, Waukesha/Scania, White, Yanmar. DURON™ 30 is also approved for use with Simplex seals from ThyssenKrupp
Caution Regarding Marine Storage: •
- Risk of water contamination of product. DURON™ Monograde Engine Oils accept minor water contamination, however gross contamination may result in problematic emulsions.