Chevron Cetus PAO 32
Detailed Product Description
Cetus PAO oils deliver value through:
- Exceptional thermal and oxidation stability — Long lubricant life in high temperature operations.
- Long machinery life and maximum compressor efficiency — Low carbon-forming tendency minimizes deposits.
- Long drain intervals — Long lubricant life means less frequent oil changes.
- Minimal maintenance and downtime — Helps promote long service intervals which can minimize operating costs.
- Low volatility and excellent air release tendency — Helps to reduce oil carryover downstream and less makeup oil is needed.
Cetus PAO oils are synthetic air compressor lubricants formulated with the highest quality polyalphaolefin (PAO) base fluids.
They provide excellent thermal and oxidation stability, high viscosity index, high flash point, low pour point, and excellent hydrolytic stability.
Cetus PAO oils protect against rust, oxidation, and foaming, and have ashless antiwear properties. Cetus PAO oils are designed to meet the requirements of modern higher output, more efficient air compressors.These units are more compact and operate at higher speeds than older compressors, resulting in higher temperatures. As temperatures increase, deposit formation on valves and air separators can also increase.
Cetus PAO oils are formulated to provide excellent lubricating qualities for many air compressors, especially portable and stationary rotary and screw compressors as well as single-stage, two-stage, and multistage reciprocating compressors
While specific manufacturer recommendations vary, the ISO 32, 46 and 68 grades are most commonly used for rotary air compressors, while higher viscosity grades are preferred for reciprocating air compressors.Since reciprocating compressors require both a crankcase lubricant and a cylinder lubricant, Cetus® PAO oils are formulated to meet this dual requirement.Cetus PAO 68 has especially been developed for the lubrication of turbochargers in marine diesel engines, where two separate lubricating oil systems are in place.
Cetus PAO meet the requirements of:
- DIN 51506 VDL standard
Cetus PAO 68 is approved for:
- ABB VTR.4 turbochargers. Fulfills the requirements as low friction lubricant for a 5000 hour drain interval