Shell Omala S4 GX 320
Shell Omala S4 GX 320 is an advanced synthetic heavy duty industrial gear oil offering outstanding lubrication performance under severe operating conditions, including reduced friction, long service life and high resistance to micro-pitting for optimal gear protection.
Detailed Product Description
Shell Omala S4 GX 320 Gear Oil Applications
- Wind turbines and other inaccessible installations
Shell Omala S4 GX ISO 320 Gear Oil is particularly recommended for certain systems where extra Long Life is required, maintenance is infrequent or systems are inaccessible.
- Enclosed industrial gear systems
Recommended for industrial reduction gear systems operating under severe operating conditions, such as high load, very low or elevated temperatures and wide temperature variations.
- Other applications
Shell Omala S4 GX 320 gear oil is suitable for lubrication of bearings and other components in circulating and splash- lubricated systems.
For geared systems, or Other applications that employ a filtration unit finer than 5 microns, please consult your Shell Local Technical Advisor and Product Application Specialist before using Shell Omala S4 GX.
For highly loaded worm drives the Shell Omala “W” series oils are recommended. For automotive hypoid gears, the appropriate Shell Spirax Oil should be used.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- David Brown S1.53.106, except ISO 1000
- Approved for wind turbine gearboxes by: Gamsea, Dongfang Wind Turbines, Dalian Heavy Industries and Sinovel
- ORBITAL2 approved for helical and planetary gear units for wind turbines
- ISO 12925-1 Type CKD, except ISO 1000
- ANSI/AGMA 9005-E02 (EP), except ISO 1000
- US Steel 224, except ISO 1000
- DIN 51517-3 (CLP), except ISO 1000