Kendall Super-D 3 SAE 40
Kendall Super-D 3 monograde diesel engine oils IS high-quality diesel engine r use in a wide variety of applications, including off-highway diesel equipment, farm machinery, marine engines, 2-stroke cycle diesel engines (in the appropriate viscosity grades) and mixed commercial fleets. They also may be used in some heavy-duty manual transmissions in trucks and buses.
Detailed Product Description
Super-D 3 monograde diesel engine oils are formulated to provide excellent wear protection, to minimize the formation of sludge and varnish, to protect against rust and bearing corrosion, and to resist foaming. They have excellent soot dispersancy to protect against abrasive wear and soot-induced oil thickening, and excellent oxidation resistance to help minimize deposit formation. The SAE 30 and 40 grades have low ash content to help minimize the formation of ash deposits on valve seats and faces, and help keep intake ports clear to maintain good power output in 2-stroke cycle applications.
Super-D 3 SAE 30 and 40 meet or exceed the performance requirements of API Service Categories CF-2 and CF, and also may be used in applications where API CD quality oils are specified. They are particularly recommended for use in 2-stroke cycle diesel engines in transit buses and marine fleets running on low-sulfur diesel fuel.
Super-D 3 SAE 50 meets or exceeds the performance requirements of API Service Categories CF and SL. It is primarily recommended for use in off-highway diesel equipment and mixed commercial fleets with both diesel and gasoline vehicles. Super-D 3 SAE 10W is intended for use in the hydraulic systems and hydrostatic transmissions of Caterpillar and other off-highway construction equipment. It is not recommended for use in engines
- 2-stroke cycle diesel engines in bus fleets and marine fleets (SAE 30, 40)
- Off-highway trucks, heavy equipment and farm equipment
- Light trucks and farm equipment with gasoline engines (SAE 50)
- Heavy-duty manual transmissions in trucks and buses where the OEM specifies engine oil (SAE 30, 40, 50
- • Hydraulic systems and some hydrostatic transmissions on Caterpillar and other off-highway equipment
Super-D 3 monograde diesel engine oils meet or exceed the requirements of:
- API Service CF-2(1), CF(1) (SAE 30, 40)
- API Service CF(1), SL (SAE 50)
- U.S. Military MIL-PRF-2104G, for engines (SAE 30, 40)
- Detroit Diesel 2-stroke cycle engines, Oil Type 1 (1.0% max. SASH) (SAE 40)
- Excellent soot control for protection against abrasive wear and soot-induced oil thickening
- Protects against sludge and varnish formation
- Protects against scuffing and wear
- Protects against rust and bearing corrosion
- Good resistance to foaming and aeration
- Low-ash content to minimize the formation of ash deposits and help keep intake ports clean (SAE 30 & 40)