Phillips 66 Megaplex XD3 1
76 FAMILY MEGAPLX XD3 #1
Detailed Product Description
Phillips 66® Megaplex XD3 is a high-performance, multipurpose, extreme pressure (EP) lithium complex grease developed to satisfy the severe lubrication requirements of construction and off road equipment manufactured by Caterpillar, Komatsu Dresser, Case New Holland, John Deere and others. It is particularly recommended for use in off-highway trucks and heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, motor graders and wheel loaders, operating under heavy or shock loads.
Megaplex XD3 is manufactured with high-quality, high-viscosity base oils, a special polymer and a lithium complex soap thickener. It is fortifi ed with extremepressure and antiwear additives, 3% molybdenum disulfi de (moly), a tackifi er, and rust and oxidation inhibitors to provide excellent wear protection as well as excellent corrosion protection and resistance to water washout in equipment operating under wet conditions and/or high temperatures and subject to heavy or shock loading.
Megaplex XD3 Grade No. 1 is NLGI GC-LB certifi ed for use as a multipurpose automotive wheel bearing and chassis lubricant.
- Chassis parts and wheel bearings of construction, mining and other heavy mobile equipment
- Universal joints, constant-velocity joints, brake self adjusting screws and clutch release bearings on off-highway trucks and other heavy equipment
- Tractor-trailer fi fth wheels
- Heavily loaded plain and rolling-element bearings in industrial and mobile equipment where the manufacturer specifi es a high temperature, extreme- pressure grease with 3% moly
- High dropping point (>500°F)
- High load-carrying capacity
- Excellent wear protection
- Contains 3% moly for extra protection against galling and wear under shock loads
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Excellent resistance to separation
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- NLGI GC-LB certifi ed (Grade No. 1)