HDAX 6500 LFG Gas Engine Oil SAE 40
HDAX® 6500 LFG SAE 40 Gas Engine Oil is a premium quality high performance low ash dispersant/detergent type SAE 40 gas engine oil, specifically formulated for landfill gas, biogas, digester gas and sour gas applications.
Detailed Product Description
HDAX 6500 LFG SAE 40 Gas Engine Oil is a premium quality high performance low ash dispersant/detergent type SAE 40 gas engine oil, specifically formulated for landfill gas, biogas, digester gas and sour gas applications. Combination of high performance premium base fluids and a robust inhibitor package provides exceptional protection and extended service protection for engines burning aggressive sour gases. HDAX 6500 LFG Gas Engine Oil provides excellent corrosion resistance in landfill gas, biogas, digester gas and sour gas applications, even when intermittent operation results in the formation of significant levels of acidic condensate. At 0.55 m% sulfated ash, HDAX 6500 LFG Gas Engine Oil gives this performance without the higher levels of combustion chamber deposits compared to some other products used in these applications.
It also provides excellent valve recession control for four stroke engines where low ash oil is preferred. HDAX 6500 LFG Gas Engine Oil provides excellent deposit control on pistons minimizing ring sticking; providing scuffing protection to the cylinder liners, minimizing oil consumption and lacquering. Excellent engine cleanliness promotes long component life.
HDAX 6500 LFG SAE 40 is recommended for:
- Four-stroke engines fueled by landfill gas containing elevated levels of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
- Sour gas applications where corrosive wear is a special concern
- Engines where low ash oils are preferred
HDAX® 6500 LFG SAE 40 is approved for:
- Caterpillar Energy Solutions GmbH for Model CG 132, CG 170 and CG 260 engines
- Cummins QSV gas engines burning landfill gas
- GE Jenbacher gas engine types 2, 3, 4 versions A & B, and 6 versions C & E in fuel classes B (biogas) and C (landfill gas)
- MAN Truck and Bus M3271-4 for special gas
- MWM Gas Engines
- TEDOM rule 61-0-0281.1 for landfill, biogas and sewage gas fuels
HDAX 6500 LFG SAE 40 meets the requirements of these engines burning landfill gas:
- MTU MTL 5074
HDAX 6500 LFG SAE 40 is suitable for use in the following engines burning landfill gas or biogas fuels:
The total base number or TBN retention, excellent deposit control and minimum viscosity increase performance of HDAX 6500 LFG Gas Engine Oil make this premium oil especially suited for extended drain service in four stroke gas engines.