Shell Spirax S4 CX 10W
Shell Spirax S4 CX 10W High performance off-highway transmission and hydraulic oil is designed to provide operators with trouble-free operation and maximum reliability for the lifetime of the equipment. Spirax S4 CX 10W meets the demanding requirements of modern transmission, oil-immersed brake and hydraulic systems fitted to heavy-duty off-highway equipment.
Detailed Product Description
Shell Spirax S4 CX 10W Performance, Features & Benefits
Frictional performance and material compatibility Highly consistent and reliable friction performance when used with the advanced metallic and non-metallic materials found in modern systems. Minimal clutch slippage, smooth and quiet brake operation, and trouble-free hydraulic and transmission operation.
- Anti-wear protection
The shear-stable SAE 10W viscosity grade is free from viscosity index (VI) improvers and thickeners and give the best protection of heavily loaded components.
- Low temperature characteristics
Formulated to meet low temperature viscosity and fluidity requirements, providing superior protection during start-up and low operating temperature conditions.
- Optimum mechanical performance and long oil life
Wide-ranging protection for critical components, such as bronze friction discs in powershift transmissions and highly loaded hydraulic pumps.
- Vickers 35V25 hydraulic pump test
Excellent performance in this demanding test.
- Oxidation stability
Contains inhibitors to control oxidation and deposit formation. Protects both ferrous and non-ferrous metals from corrosion. Suppresses foaming. With improved flow properties at low temperatures enhances efficiency.
Shell Spirax S4 CX 10W is recommended for use in heavy duty off-highway equipment produced by the world’s leading manufaturers including; Caterpillar, Komatsu, Komatsu-Dresser and in transmissions manufactured by Eaton, Eaton Fuller, ZF, Dana, Rockwell amongst others:
- Powershift transmissions
- Oil immersed brakes
- Hydraulic systems
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- Caterpillar Tractor TO-4
- ZF TE-ML 03C
- Suitable for use in applications where Allison C-4 type fluids are required
- Shell Spirax S4 CX 10W is suitable* for use in many powershift or manual transmissions, wet brake systems, and many off-highway hydraulic systems including those of Komatsu and Caterpillar.
- For a full listing of equipment approvals and recommendations, please consult your local Shell Technical Helpdesk.
* Please check equipment manuals for appropriate selection of viscosity grade.