AeroShell Oil W80
SAE Grade: SAE 40
AeroShell straight mineral oils are blended from selected high viscosity index base stocks. These oils do not contain additives except for a small quantity of pourpoint depressant (which is added when improved fluidity at very low temperature is required) and an anti-oxidant.
Detailed Product Description
AeroShell Oils are available in four different viscosity grades:
- AeroShell Oil W 80 AeroShell Oil W80 The suffix for each grade corresponds to the viscosity of the oil at 210F in Saybolt Universal Seconds.
- The appropriate grades of these AeroShell Oils are approved for use in four-stroke cycle (four-cycle) certified aircraft reciprocating piston engines (except Porsche) and other aircraft radial engines which use oil to specification SAE J-1966 (MIL-L-6082) and which do not require use of an oil containing a dispersant additive. AeroShell Oils are used primarily during break-in of most new or recently overhauled four-stroke cycle aviation piston engines. The duration and lubrication recommendations for break-in vary, so operators should refer to the original engine manufacturer and/or overhaul facility for specific recommendations.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- The U.S. Specification SAE J-1966 replaces MIL-L-6082E.
- Although it was planned to replace the British Specification DERD 2472 with a DEF STAN specification this has now been put into abeyance and instead the SAE specification has been adopted.
- U.S. : Approved J-1966 SAE Grade 40
- British : Approved J-1966 SAE Grade 40
- French : (AIR 3560/D Grade SAE 40)
- Russian : MS-14
- Joint Service Designation : OM-170