Chevron ATF HD 389 delivers value through:
- Protection against the formation of lacquers, sludge, or other harmful deposits.
- Exceptional stability provided by high-quality base oil and oxidation inhibitors.
- Compatibility with seals — Especially effective in protecting fluoroelastomer seals used in Allison heavy-duty transmissions. • Fast circulation during cold weather and excellent lubricating body when hot.
- Easy identification — Dyed red in color.
Chevron ATF HD 389 is formulated with Group II base stocks and additives that help provide oxidation and thermal stability, friction control, load-carrying ability, corrosion and wear protection. It helps protect against the formation of deposits, sludge, varnish, and foam.
Chevron ATF HD 389 provides outstanding durability.
Under the most severe operating conditions, Chevron ATF HD 389:
- maintains friction control for smooth shift action.
- protects against cracking of fluoroelastomer seals used in Allison transmissions.
- retains low temperature fluidity and high temperature stability for long operating periods.
- protects automatic transmission fluid coolers from corrosion.
- minimizes the chances of a transmission overhaul due to sludge, corrosion, and wear.
Chevron ATF HD 389 is designed for Allison on-highway, heavy-duty transmissions which require the TES-389 Schedule One ATF. It is also suitable for use in most pre-2006 automatic transmissions built by General Motors, Ford Motor Company and other makes which need a high-performance, multi-purpose, power transmission fluid.
Chevron ATF HD 389 meets or exceeds the performance requirements of:
— Allison TES-389
Chevron ATF HD 389 is recommended for:
— Allison C-4 Fluid
— Ford MERCON®1
— General Motors DEXRON®2-III H
Allison transmissions manufactured in 2007 and beyond can use either a DEXRON-VI or TES-389 fluid. Allison models built in 2006 or earlier should use only a TES-389 fluid to ensure seal compatibility.