Detailed Product Description
Chevron GST Oils deliver value through:
- Exceptional oxidation stability for long service life at elevated temperatures. Formulated with premium base oil technology and an ashless, zincfree formulation.
- Rust and corrosion protection
- High viscosity index helps ensure minimum viscosity change when variations in temperature occur.
- Minimum foam helps prevent sump overflow or erratic governor operation.
- Fast air release minimizes possibility of pump cavitation in systems with high circulation rates and small reservoirs.
GST Oils are formulated with premium base oil technology and an ashless, zinc-free formulation that provides exceptional oxidation stability, water separability, and protection against rust and corrosion.
Higher temperatures in advanced gas and steam turbines require circulating system oil with exceptional high temperature stability. GST Oils have outstanding thermal and oxidation stability.
GST® Oils are formulated to meet the critical demands of non-geared gas, steam, and hydroelectric turbine bearing lubrication, and reduction gear lubrication in marine operations. They are an excellent recommendation for many other industrial applications including air compression where R&O type oils are recommended
Suitable for use in hydroelectric turbines, land and marine steam turbines, and associated reduction gears when OEM recommends R&O type oil.
GST Oil 32, 46, 68, 100 are registered by NSF and are acceptable as lubricants where there is no possibility of food contact (H2) in and around food processing areas. The NSF Nonfood Compounds Registration Program is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements of appropriate use, ingredient review and labeling verification. Do not use in high pressure systems in the vicinity of flames, sparks and hot surfaces. Use only in well ventilated areas. Keep container closed. Do not use in breathing air apparatus or medical equipment.
GST Oil 100 meets:
- ASTM D4304 Type I, British Standard 489, and DIN 51515 standard organization requirements for new lubricants used in gas and steam turbines and auxiliary equipment
- Suitable for use in hydroelectric turbines, land and marine steam turbines, and associated reduction gears when OEM recommends R&O type oil.