Chevron Rando HDZ ISO 22
Detailed Product Description
Rando HDZ ISO 22 oils deliver value through:
- High oxidation stability — Long service life in high pressure service.
- Protection against rust and corrosion — Gives excellent protection against corrosion of both copper and steel. Passes the ASTM D665A distilled water rust test and ASTM D665B salt water rust test.
- High viscosity index — Minimum change in viscosity over a wide range of operating temperatures.
- Foam inhibition — Contains special foam suppressant.
- Excellent antiwear properties — Provides excellent wear protection.
- Good stability — in the presence of water in the ASTM D2619 Hydrolytic Stability Test and in the presence of copper and steel in the MAG Cincinnati Machine Thermal Stability Test.
- Fast water separation — Protects against rust problems by fast release of water.
- Good filterability — Excellent thermal and hydrolytic stability helps prevent formation of deposits which may interfere with filtration in equipment having close tolerance.
Rando HDZ oils incorporate antiwear additives, oxidation and corrosion inhibitors, foam and aeration suppressants, and a shear stable viscosity index improver.
Hydraulic systems, due to the nature of their operation, experience accelerated wear unless they are protected by clean, high quality antiwear hydraulic oils. Surging pressures in pumps and valves can increase metal-to-metal contact unless antiwear protection is present. The antiwear additives in Rando HDZ oils plate out on the metal surfaces. This plating minimizes metal-to-metal contact, which is most severe in vane-, piston-, and gear-type pumps. As hydraulic pressures increase over 1000 psi, the need for antiwear protection increases proportionally.
Rando HDZ oils are versatile lubricants available in multiviscosity ISO 15, 22, 32, 46, 68 and 100 grades. The multiviscosity feature promotes even and continuous power transmission over a wide temperature range with a minimum of shudder, and maximum accuracy.
They are recommended for hydraulic or circulating oil systems, including marine on-deck machinery, hydraulic actuated loading bins, or equipment that require a wider operating temperature as compared to a single viscosity grade oil.