Chevron Regal R&O 68
Detailed Product Description
Regal R&O oils deliver value through:
- Long lubricant life provided by excellent thermal and oxidation stability. Formulated with an ashless, zinc-free formulation.
- Excellent demulsibility helps ensure good lubricant film strength and minimal wear through quick water separation.
- Excellent air release in turbine oil reservoir systems by the foam inhibitor hastening the release of foam and entrained air.
- Rust protection of metal surfaces due to the use of an effective rust and corrosion inhibitor.
- Environmental benefits — All grades are ashless. This facilitates reclaiming and recycling of the used oils.
Chevron Regal R&O Oil ISO 32 through ISO 150 are recommended for use in most electric motor bearings, air compressors, gears, hydroelectric turbines, steam turbines, marine turbines, and non-heavy duty hydraulic systems where OEM recommends R&O type oils (for heavy duty hydraulic systems, customers should consider Rando HD oils).
These products can also be used as a general purpose machine oil for shop use when R&O type oil is needed or is recommended. The multifunctional characteristics of Regal R&O type oils may allow them to replace other special application lubricants, which can result in reduced inventory and operating cost.
Regal R&O 68 meets:
- ASTM D4304 Type I, British Standard 489, and DIN 51515 standard organization requirements for new lubricants used in gas and steam turbines and auxiliary equipment
- MAG Cincinnati, Cincinnati Machine P-54
- Suitable for use in General Electric, Alstom, and Westinghouse hydroelectric turbines, land and marine steam turbines, and associated reduction gears when OEM recommends R&O type oil