Shell Gadus S2 V220 1
Shell Gadus S2 V220 1 greases are high quality multipurpose, extreme-pressure greases based on a blend of high viscosity index mineral oils and a lithium hydroxystearate soap thickener and contain extreme-pressure and other proven additives to enhance their performance in a wide range of applications. Shell Gadus S2 V220 1 greases are designed for multipurpose grease lubrication of rolling element and plain bearings as well as hinges and sliding surfaces such as those found in throughout most industrial and transport sectors.
Detailed Product Description
Shell Gadus S2 V220 1 grease is designed for:
- Heavy duty bearings served by centralized dispensing equipment.
- Extreme-pressure gear grease for applications at normal ambient temperature.
- Heavy duty plain and rolling element bearings operating under harsh conditions including shock loading in wet environments.
- Low temperature greasing applications.
Performance, Features & Benefits
- Outstanding load carrying capacity
Shell Gadus S2 V220 greases contain special extreme- pressure additives which enable them to withstand heavy and shock loads without failure of the lubricant film.
- Improved mechanical stability
This is particularly important in vibrating environments where poor mechanical stability can lead to grease softening with subsequent loss of lubrication performance and leakage.
- Good resistance to water wash-out
Shell Gadus S2 V220 greases have been formulated to offer resistance to water wash-out.
- Oxidation stability
Specially selected base oil components have excellent oxidation resistance. Their consistency will not alter in storage and they withstand high operating temperatures without hardening or forming bearing deposits.
- Anti- corrosion protection
Shell Gadus S2 V220 greases have an affinity with metal and have the ability to protect bearing surfaces against corrosion, even when the grease is contaminated with water.